2021 is a new year, but we all know that change doesn’t land in your lap. You have to be brave and initiate change! If you’re like most, 2020 was a year that was hard on your business. And I’m sure you’ve noticed, but the landscape of 2021 is not much different this early in the game. There is however, one thing that I am confident we can be sure of. And that is the fact that 2020 changed the way that most people will do business forever. Even when indoor capacities rise back up to their pre-covid levels for in person activities (like shopping, dining, etc.), the convenience of being able to acquire the things you want (like clothes, or food) right from your couch, in your pajamas, has absolutely captivated many consumers. Having an online presence is essential to grab the attention of these (and many other) consumers as we move into this new year. Here are 5 more reasons that having a website is more important than ever in 2021:
- Websites are a cost effective way to market your business. Compared to traditional paper based methods, like brochures, or media like a television commercial, a website is a much cheaper way to market your business. A website design will typically involve a one time set up fee, and optional monthly maintenance, but will continue to be an effective medium to reach your target market for years to come! Based on current consumer trends, the online marketplace will only continue to grow, whereas other forms of marketing seem to be on the decline.
- You can keep up with the competition, and even beat them! Chances are, any competitor you could identify, whether they are on the other side of town or the other side of the country, has an online presence. It’s hard to not to say that you’re simply letting your competition get ahead of you without creating your own online presence!
- It offers you a way to showcase what you’re best at! Your website is a single place where you can house high quality photos and videos of your products to show off to potential consumers. You also have an opportunity to clearly differentiate yourself from your competitors, because as we mentioned before, they most likely have a website nowadays!
- You can provide proof of the value you provide to your customers. Testimonials are an amazing way to provide social proof that your products and services provide value to your customers. Most users of the internet who intend to make a purchase, also take the time to research the various options that are available, and testimonials and reviews can be one way to swing the pendulum in your favor.
- Digital marketing is here to stay! Traditional methods of marketing often left you wondering if you made any ROI, largely because it was difficult to track. However, if you utilize digital techniques, such as SEO, you can get a detailed picture of how your marketing dollars are affecting engagement with your customers. Because there are so many ways to analyze data digitally, you get to know your customers and potential customers better than ever before, and are able to quickly respond to the feedback you receive.