I don’t even need to say this but…
2020 was a year that no one will forget. For the first time in many years, almost everyone on the planet faced the same problem, a highly infectious virus that was rapidly filling hospital beds. This virus not only left many in fear for their health, but it had an undeniable and drastic effect on how business is conducted.
Previously a business was able to survive, maybe even thrive with the brick and mortar model, and didn’t necessarily even have an online presence. Now, as these businesses are forced to shut their doors for long periods of time to control the virus, an online presence is absolutely essential for their continued operation. Although 2020 is coming to a close, there doesn’t seem to be a definite end in sight for strict precautions just yet. That being said, it is pretty clear that even when the virus is more under control, the need for an online presence is not going to decline! It seems that everything continues to get more and more hight tech, I mean, my washing machine accesses the internet! We’ve put together our top 10 reasons that we think having a website is more important than ever. Here are reasons 1-5:
- You can reach more customers! Currently, your regular customers may not be able to drop by for a visit, but creating an online presence opens the door to access the attention of billions of human beings. Studies show that there are almost 2.5 billion internet users today. In the last 12 months, the vast majority of internet users have made a purchase online, or contacted a company to set up an appointment, account etc. By not having a website, you are missing out on an absolutely gigantic potential customer base!
- It is a way to communicate effectively with customers and keep them up to date. Your website is a way that you can let your customers know about new products, changes to your hours, special offers etc. Your messages and updates are available to customers whenever they choose to look at your website. The best part about this is, that unlike social media channels, you have 100% control of how the message is communicated. Also, depending on how you have your website set up, it’s also a medium for your customers to communicate with you, so you can better respond to their wants and needs. Another added benefit is that you can show you are open for business, which is especially important in a time of such uncertainty.
- Customers now expect it! Modern consumers (of products, services, and information) have come to expect that a business have an online presence, and studies show that most will first look for a website rather than social media.
- Your website helps increase your credibility. As more and more people are using the internet for research, purchases, education, etc. they continue to become more savvy. When a consumer decides to search for you, or your business online, and they come across a professional looking website, in their eyes, you are more reputable, and trustworthy.
- You can sell your products and services online, 24/7! Your sales no longer have to be restricted to the hours that your storefront is open, or even to the hours that you or your staff are awake! Having a e-commerce website allows you to sell your products and services to anyone, anywhere, anytime!